In a NutshellProtecting BC’s endangered old-growth forests and ensuring a sustainable, value-added, second-growth forest industry.
The AFA is calling on the BC government to:
- Implement a science-based plan to protect the endangered old-growth forests in the province.
- Ensure the sustainable logging of second-growth forests, which now constitute the majority of forest lands in southern BC.
- Support First Nations land use planning and sustainable economic development and diversification in lieu of old-growth logging.
- End the export of BC raw logs to foreign mills in order to ensure a guaranteed log supply for BC mills and value-added processing facilities.
- Implement incentives for the retooling and development of BC mills and value-added facilities to handle second-growth logs.
Our FocusForests, Conservation
Stories of Our Work
Sorry, this organization hasn't published any articles about their work here, yet.
Would Your Organization be a Good Fit?
We're a growing platform with resource partners that are dedicated to ethical and values-based investing. We showcase your work to support social and environmental causes.