The mission of the Salish Sea Institute is to foster responsible stewardship of the Salish Sea, inspiring and informing its protection for the benefit of current and future generations.
- Promotes dialogue and partnerships among people, organizations and agencies throughout first nations, tribal communities, Washington State, and British Columbia.
- Serves as the administrative home of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference.
- Hosts gatherings to cultivate collaborative governance and protection of the Salish Sea.
- Develops place-based curriculum, research and events for students to explore the environment, history and communities of the Salish Sea.
- Fosters a sense of place and raise awareness of the value of the Salish Sea and the issues that threaten its health.
The Salish Sea Institute: Sharing Science, Policy and Ecosystem Learning across the Salish Sea.
Stories of Our Work
Would Your Organization be a Good Fit?
We're a growing platform with resource partners that are dedicated to ethical and values-based investing. We showcase your work to support social and environmental causes.